Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Projects

Today my husband and a couple of our good buddies poured 4.5 yards of concrete in our backyard off our side door. It is so wonderful to imagine the new reality of having a mudroom that isn't literally a MUDroom! We were able to get our yard level with the sidewalk on that side and eliminate a step out the door. It is so great I can hardly contain myself! Tom and the boys worked soooo hard and our neighbor, who we previously had no pleasant exchanges with, helped too. It was an all around great experience. Thank you Lord for giving these men the skills to do this and improve the value of our property and improve my life by helping to keep my laundry room clean! You may think this is a small thing, but really people, this is going to change my life! Normally, my washer, dryer, and freezer are completely covered in dirt, dust, mud, dog hair and leaves or whatever else blows into my backyard. Would you want to do laundry or store food in a place that carries that description? I think NOT.
The other amazing thing I mentioned earlier, my neighbor. Its strange how a neighbor situation can make or break how you feel about where you live. Last summer we had an extremely unpleasant encounter in front of my kids and it has had a lasting affect on me and my husband. I have had to forgive him over and over in my heart - practically every time I looked at his house - and think that I have finally been given the grace by God to let it go. I have let it go so completely, in fact, that we have had two lengthly conversations over our fence in the last couple of days. God is so good to have helped to repair that relationship. I truly feel now that we are friends - imagine that!
There is nothing like a big project to shuffle your emotional deck! Tom has a renewed confidence in himself, our bond with our friends has grown and been strengthened, we have a rescued relationship with a previously grumpy neighbor, and my mudroom is mud free! Praise the Lord!! I hope this brought Him glory today.
Amen.

No comments: