Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Egg Dye on the Carpet!!!!!!!

So the day is going super great and then BAM, a cup of PINK egg dye lands on the floor and all over the chair cushion in my dining room. My poor carpet has already suffered a hole being chewed in it by our wonderful puppy, and now this! I had a very uncharacteristic response (usually I would scream and freak out!), but this day I ran to my laptop on my coffee table and Googled "Egg Dye Removal" and VIOLA! There was the glorious and exotic answer to my dilema...wait for it...
Dish soap. Seriously? OK, so I make a strong solution of Dawn dish soap and water (the original formula, not the soft hands kind) and to my extreme surprise, it worked like a charm. There was a three square foot area glowing pink and it is no longer. A miracle! Thank you God for the person who invented Dawn and also for the person who posted this recipe for stain remover ;)

No comments: