Thursday, April 5, 2012

Good Morning

Isn't it funny how much better you sleep and how much more pleasant morning can be when you fell asleep reading your Bible? Last night I read Proverbs 1 and James 1 & 2. Did you know that some consider James to be the Proverbs of the New Testament? Its funny how God does stuff like that. I have always wanted to read a Proverb a day for 31 days, so I started last night. Also, I have been running into scriptures from James a lot lately and thought that I might start the journey of reading the whole book. If you don't have a Study Bible, may I encourage you to get yourself one? In the study notes is where I found the suggestion that James was the New Testament's version of Proverbs and it changed my perspective in reading it. I love to find the true context of a passage of scripture before I read it. Our pastor in Redmond taught me about that. Thank you Curtis Tucker at Redmond Community Church!!
Anyway, I woke up a little irritated with my dog, Dixie, because we still have to take them out front to do their "business" in the morning as the concrete is still too impressionable and she whined to go out, but then wouldn't pee! Why this irritates me so much, I don't really know, but I am intent on shaking it off. I went into my daughters room and woke up my "babies" with lots of snuggles and kisses - I love it when she lets her brother sleep on the bottom bunk, it makes it easier for me to wake them up for school. Gosh, I can't wait until we homeschool!! But that is a subject for another post ;)
As I was standing outside with Dixie and Flash for round 2, I was bundled up in my husbands camoflauge hunting jacket and stood in the damp air. I heard several different kinds of birds chirping busily as if they were on a mission, and truly it inspired me. I have work to do, too! God has put me on this earth to do good things in his name (See James chapters 1 & 2) and to bring Him glory in every effort. I so desire to earn a pile of treasure to lay at his feet someday. My house didn't get very clean yesterday despite my ambitions, but today is another day and all things are possible with God, so...
By the grace of God go I!!
God bless the reader of this silly blog and bless my efforts today. May the things I do and the words I say bring you abundant joy and bring glory to your name. I love you Lord. Thank you for loving me and dying for me so that I could live!! In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: