Sunday, July 18, 2010

wierd day

OK, so today was wierd. Nothing spectacular happened, good or bad. Went to church, the house got picked up, dogs got walked, kids played with friends...but it just seems like something is looming. I feel like God is trying to tell me something, yet I keep myself just distracted enough to not get the hint. What is wrong with me!? This "free will" idea is seeming more and more irritating. Why do I keep God at a distance? Why are my prayers unfinished? Why do I watch nonsense TV instead of reading my Bible? Why do I eat M&M's when I am not hungry? Why do I find excuses to avoid things I need to do tomorrow? I need an attitude adjustment.
In VBS last week, the kids learned the verse "Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus". Clearly God wants me to learn that and live that as well, but how?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hm, I know that feeling. "I'm in a funk" I say. You're in a good place, asking those questions...cause next thing you know you'll turn off the tv sometimes & sit and read Timothy b/c you feel like it. I know, I 'm there too. Praying for you. Your blog looks too cute and I LOVE, love the pic of the kids. :) Thanks for sharing.