Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bills A Blessing??

As I do every month P.D.R (Post Dave Ramsey) I sit down at my computer and set up my bills to pay online and make the budget for the next month at least a week in advance. Today, I decided to turn on my iTunes "worship mix" while doing so. Immediately I was reminded what my friend Mary Lynn Golter told me about when she would send her son off on a date when he was a teenager. She would tell him "Take the Lord with you!" Funny but AWESOME. So, I took the Lord with me to my "budget meeting" and WOW, amazing, liberating, humbling, inspiring, convicting. Who knew all those emotional things would come out of this months budget.
This month we make our first mortgage payment ever. Amazing.
This month we have plenty to pay every bill ON TIME. Liberating.
This month I realized how much we waste on running around and eating out. Humbling.
This month we will give more than any other month EVER. Inspiring.
This month there is money left over... Convicting.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

yay!! Take him with you!!