Saturday, November 22, 2008

You're big

OK, so the other day I go to pick Tony up from preschool at the church and he walks out of the classroom and is shoving an entire handful of Goldfish in his mouth. Once he is able to talk again, he (of course) tells me he's thirsty. As usual, the drinking fountain by his classroom is collecting quite a line, so we go to the one in the foyer of the church on our way to the parking lot. As we walked toward it I realized that the stool was missing from under the little drinking fountain. I started to explain to my baby that I was going to have to lift him up to reach the water because the stool was missing, but before I could finish my very motherly explaination, he walked right over to it with inches of clearance and took a drink.

I stood there mistified and a pout just oozed from my face! Tony looked at me, puzzled, and asked me what was wrong. A little choked up I said to him..."YOU'RE BIG!!!" He was very confused because apparently he got the BIG memo a long time ago and didn't understand my surprise. "When did THAT happen?" I asked myself. I am still waiting for the answer.

Every time a pair of pants or shoes don't fit anymore I get sad. The baby and toddler years are over and now they are getting smarter than me and faster than me. God help me keep up for as long as possible!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I know, right?! I'm feeling the exact same way!

Hey I just found your blog through Amanda's...now I have another one to check out! Fun!

here's mine:) www.cathycordero.blogspot.com